New Laws In Dubai That Everyone Should Know
Studying law has attained a lot of popularity and important in Dubai. Lawyers are considered among the highest pain and most respected professionals in UAE. Considering how stringent the laws in the nation are, attorneys are given a lot of prominence.
To be a lawyer in Dubai, one needs to complete law studies from an affiliated college in the UAE. The profession pays good and that is why most people are opting for it. Lawyers play a major part in protecting the law and order in the city.
Study law or not, one needs to know a few laws in Dubai and will have to abide by them. Here are a few important ones –
- The country is not democratic and follows Muslim laws.
- Following the dress code is mandatory. Violating it and wearing revealing clothes in public is prohibited.
- Political and military buildings should not be photographed without permission.
- Public display of affection is band. Though a married couple can hold hands in the public, kissing or other gestures are to be avoided in public places.
- It is a public holiday on Friday as the day is dedicated to praying.
- Consuming food in public areas during the month of Ramzan is punishable.
- One needs a permit to consume or retain liquor.
- Sex outside marriage is a strict no no! Persons involved can land up in jail for 6 years.
- The law enforce department doesn’t consider the difference between nationals and non-national, all are equal under the law and there is a punishment for any offender.
- Driving while drunk or drinking can take you to jail.
- The drug laws in Dubai, UAE are even strict. If a person is found with drugs, either selling or consuming, will have to undergo harsh consequences.
Are you in legal troubles and are seeking a lawyer’s help in Dubai? Contact SM Law Firm for the best professionals.